View Single Post

Thread: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

1. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

I do not know what your submission policy is, but I believe you are missing a few archetypes.
    For example the Beacon of Hope archetype for the Zealot, the walkin, talkin buff machine

L. Swift emanation: you can change an aura much faster than normal. After a full round action, your aura start spreading 5ft/round up to your maximum radius and increasing by 1 point od Cha modifier/round up to your maximum Cha modifier.
    M. Level field: allies gain the full benefits of your auras.
    G. Double Aura: exactly what it says on the tin: two concurrent auras If you are worried about too much power (?), maybe you can have this second aura function at half power for allies.

Aaaand, you are also missing a leader by example kind of guy. He should do the opposite of the warlord: while the latter decrease his effectiveness to increase other's, he should tie his results with the group's. Not sure this belongs in the Zealot or Noble's camp, but it should be something like this (could use some more polish):

L. You Hit like this: allies within 10ft (?) gain a bonus equal to (half?twice?) your Cha modifier to damage rolls against a target you successfully damaged in the last round.
    M. You dodge like that:allies within 10ft (?) gain a bonus equal to (half?) your Cha modifier to AC and/or saves against a target tat missed you last round.
    G. You Smack this way: allies within 10ft (?) gain a bonus equal to (half?) your Cha modifier to attack rolls against a target you successfully hit in the last round.

Any thoughts?

Edit: also, but that might have been adressed elsewhere, why did you put death ward as the capstone SLA of the Black Mage? Since both his minions and himself are immune to death effects etc, I'd say it really does him no good, does it? Nor he looks the type to spread the love around

Edit 2: wouldn't it be more consistent for the noble to replenish Impel's uses on an Encounter basis, like the Smite opposition? beside, it's simply swapping one action for another of the same value, so I do not see why the limitation in the first place...

Edit 3: the Bastion Archetype is missing is medium level power. How about "The sentinel does not suffer the penalty to attack rolls for using a tower shield, and armor check penalties are halved"?

The Landsknecht archetype is missing its greater level power. How about "As an immediate action, the Landsknecht can choose to take a 5ft step after an attack of opportunity"? It's kinda weak, but beats an empty spot and goes well with the spirit of the archetype.

Edit 4: last one, I promise. The Sentinel gains DR equal to half their CON or their Con MODIFIER? In case it is indeed the former (as written) it would be best to specify with a "NOT the Con modifier" sentence in the ability description.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    Ugh I totally forgot about that, and now the tyrant's ability seems unnecessarily duplicative. I'm going to change it to exploding minions now.
    Uhm, no. The bonus types are different, and the tyrant's ability works for up to 6 rounds, so one could keep up both.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2013-02-07 at 07:46 PM.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika