View Single Post

Thread: Old Ways IC II

1. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Old Ways IC II

As Mycah sees how the newcomer acts around his friends, he becomes more suspicious rather than less. Perhaps it's just that he seems to be too friendly, but Mycah is loyal, and protective, of his companions. It does help that Ash has clarified where Algernon has come from and has the letter of recommendation in his favor, so he does his best to squash the distrust he feels and see how things play out.

At Ash's request that he go to Jarok and spend the day training while the others chase down leads, he agrees with notable relief. "I was prepared to go back out after the hobgoblins since that's what you wanted to do, but I really do feel better going to see Jarok and trying to finish up my training. It seems like the hobs have been out there a while, so it isn't as if the threat is a new one. Hopefully Nathros and I got them to think twice before they act."

He takes her aside out of earshot of Algernon when he gets a chance. "Ash, I know you trust him - to a point - but just be careful, ok? He admitted he knows how to cast a charm spell, so... Well, just be careful. I don't want to see you get hurt." He reaches out and touches her hand as he finishes, meets her striking green eyes and smiles shyly at her, hesitates, then turns to go.
    Last edited by Koren n'Rhys; 2013-02-11 at 09:19 PM.

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"