View Single Post

Thread: Harbingers of the Silver Flame

1. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Harbingers of the Silver Flame

One of the halfling immediately replies, "This town is under quarantine! No one..."

"We're not here to fight a lich,' the second interrupts. "We pull out and patrol from a distance, as ordered. It's a fishing village, I'm sure they won't be the first to leave this way." The halfling turns his dog away from the beach.

"They're trying something,' the first halfling says, glaring at Aria. "But, yeah, those are our orders. Don't expect me to forget your face though..." With one last glare he follows his fellow patroller out of the village.

As soon as they disappear between the buildings, Dalton hurries out of hiding and up to the rowboat. "You're a real gem," he says to Aria as he throws a few things out of the boat into the water. "Get in, we'll take off as soon as your dwarf friend gets back. Going to be a little tight. The boat is only made to hold four."

Once Ko returns from making sure the dagger and ring are returned to Reng, Dalton rows the boat to the ship. Despite appearances, the captain proves to have some muscle to him as you quickly cross the distance.

"Welcome aboard the Gallant!" he says once everyone climbs onto the deck of the ship. "She's one of the fastest wind powered ships in the seas. We have a small place for you below decks. Not much, but it'll be private and more personal space than the rest of us have. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to give us a little push to get us on our way."

The captain goes to the aft of the ship and holds his palms out toward the sails. Pulling on the powers of his dragonmark, he summons a strong wind to fill the sails and move the Gallant away from the shore.

Claspim, Dalton's first mate, takes the four of you below decks where a small area of the cargo area has been converted into a pair of small rooms, each sporting a small table, chair, bunks for two people, and hardly enough room for one person to move around if the second occupant isn't seated on a bed or in the chair.
    Last edited by Mantid; 2013-02-13 at 12:11 AM.