View Single Post

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Oh hey, I totally somehow missed this thread even though I've been playing for like a month!

I play on Kaineng, mostly as my ranger. She's currently on the extremely long hunt-grind for a legendary weapon. The funny part is that, barring the upgrade to Ascended weapon status that's supposed to come sometime later, the legendary I am after (The Dreamer) is a downgrade compared to the weapon I use right now (Ghastly Shortbow of Fire). I lose precision and condition damage, and gain toughness and vitality and a comparatively less useful proc.

Though it's taken what feels like forever, I am almost...approximately 30% done with it. Progress so far:

Spoiler
    Show

I have:
    Gift of Wood
    Unicorn Statue
    Superior Sigil of Purity
    77 Mystic Clovers (everyone in my guild hates me because I only wasted materials for 8 clovers, and got clovers from the 10 clover recipe 7 times in a row)
    250 Ancient Bones
    Gift of Mastery

I need:
    73 Icy Runestones
    250 Globs of Ecto
    220 Vials of Powerful Blood
    196 Powerful Venom Sacs
    217 Elaborate Totems
    219 Crystalline Dust
    235 Vicious Fangs
    196 Armored Scales
    235 Vicious Claws
    ...and unfortunately, The Lover.

The very unfortunate part is that the rest is purely a money grind, and gambling with the Mystic Toilet-i-mean-Forge. I'm running out of ideas of where to farm for money; currently I'm running a few high level JPs (Pig Iron, Vexa's Lab, Ice Ruins, Conundrum Cubed, Skipping Stones, Under New Management and Scavenger's Chasm), doing my daily and spending the laurel on t6 crafting bags, buying Orrian Treasure Boxes with my extra karma, killing dragons (claw, shatterer and tequatl) and running AC/TA/fractals 10, 12 or 14 when I can. It still doesn't feel fast enough, given that any real amount of money I make is from exotic drops off of non-boss mobs (since Magic Find doesn't affect chests at all), which are pretty much...well, extremely rare occurrences. Despite the money grind being quite aggravating sometimes, I do have a lot of fun doing (most) jumping puzzles, especially Scavenger's Chasm.

If anyone wants to friend me, my name in game is VriskaSerket.4029.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-02-13 at 04:38 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star