Quote Originally Posted by thirdkingdom View Post
Algernon "Algie" Blackthorn, Magic-user

Algernon is frankly amazed at the young scout's annoyance. He had been waiting patiently for someone to introduce him to Nathros, and had assumed that Mycah had finished speaking. Algernon begins to entertain serious questions about whether this is the group for him.
Mycah notes the play of emotion across Algie's face. With a sigh, he scrubs a hand across his face and takes a swallow of his ale.
"I'm sorry, Master Algernon. That was rude of me, and you've really done nothing to deserve it. Let's call it the result of a long and tiring day, Ok? And I should have introduced you to Nathros. I guess I assumed someone did that this morning. Let's just all have a drink or two and get to know each other - how's that sound? First round is on me."

Mycah waves over one of the serving girls and orders a round of drinks for the table then turns back to the young mage. "You're right that the hobgoblins are more crafty than some of the other wildlings out in the hills, but the one's Nathros and I fought ran fast enough once we slew a couple of their fellows. maybe we can call that wisdom rather than cowardice though. Are hobgoblins a threat in Thyatia where your're from?"

Spoiler
Show
FYI, I know it's properly "Thyatis" on "Thyatia" but Mycah's not very educated, being a lumber camp rat. It was on purpose.