1. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread III: Gotta 'Brew 'Em All!

Quote Originally Posted by malonkey1 View Post
    Intended. It was designed to be a very "preparation-heavy" class. It's good to have a scout in the party.
    Intended or not, I think it's undesirable. This class has the ability to prepare an appropriate response to an encounter given an hour of warning - if there were more gadgets available, this would be not merely T1 but T0.

Addressed in the end of the paragraph as of an edit a few minutes ago. Thanks for pointing that out.
    A reasonable fix, but doesn't do much about weekly uses.

I've taken your advice and steepened the EP curve, while raising some of the prices. I've greatly increased the prices of and/or nerfed overpowered gadgets that you pointed out, and I added an EP cap per gadget of 2*(BL + Int Bonus). Assuming a fairly reasonable Int score, this can be up to about 50 at the most for a somewhat optimized AE. The most powerful gadgets can now really only be gotten by greater optimization.
    You do realize that now you need an intelligence score of 28 to build the Hard-Light Projector pre-epic, and even more to actually invest points in it? That minor issue aside, the cap seems fine at a glance, but I think you may have mistaken my meaning. The gadgets that you start to build at tenth level (assume BL 10, Int 20 - maximum cost of 30) still make up a third of your point reserve at 20th. Over the course of ten levels, an ability should go from something you can pull off if you have to to something you can throw out like it was nothing, and at the moment it doesn't really do that.

Thank you for PEACHing, I will grant your first PEACH later today, and then the other upon your future request.
    's okay. I was mostly joking about the two.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2013-02-13 at 01:17 PM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.