View Single Post

Thread: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

1. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

"Aye, he's a young lad o' fifteen. Probably on the skinny side by now, but I reckon everyone in there will be. Eehh, blond hair, pretty face, think I heard? He'll be expecting you, anyhow, so just follow the map to the right cell and he'll probably find you."

The prisoners give you no trouble during the journey; although Sorrowbringer seems to amuse herself by slipping any knots you can tie, she doesn't bother trying to escape. The weather, while rather blustery, never gets truly bad, and on the sixth morning, you sight Cape Far up ahead, with the prison isle situated off its tip. A dark fog cloaks the area, the air growing heavy and oppressive as a single iron tower becomes visible through the mist. Doc Grimm calls you below, where four large crates have had enough space for a person cleared from the supplies within.

"Alrighty, it's sneaky time. The captain's doing his thing up top; we'll have you packed in here, and once you're in to wherever they keep their food and whatnot, you can jump out and get to Jukkeam. They won't carry you that far; no sense in keeping backbreakers where you've got to haul them a mile before you put them down. You've got the map, you've got your tools, so there's just one last problem." The doctor taps Shard on the chest with the back of one hand.

"You're way too heavy, mate. Realized it when I was tossing these sacks out; grain weighs a lot, but not that much. If they balk and take a look inside, or worse, drop you outright, might give away the game. So's I figure, we've got maybe twenty, thirty minutes before we get in there; you lot got any fancy spells you can work up to make him lighter?"
    Last edited by Sallera; 2013-02-14 at 11:17 PM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei