1. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery IX: the thread levels up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Yes, and let's also include a list of all feats that the character doesn't have, and the races and classes that they aren't

Let's start with Roy. Let's see, he is not an elf, nor an aasimar, nor a dwarf, and I'm pretty sure he's not an aarakocra either, or however you spell that. He is not a cleric, nor a bard, nor a truenamer, and he doesn't own a mecha, nor does he possess a live tyrannosaurus, nor does he wear the Crimson Mantle. Hm, this is going to be a long list...

Jokes aside, I think we can agree that this is widely impractical.
    For races, a character can only be one of them, so your argument is absurd.
    Similarly with classes - the amount of free levels for those is far too small to suggest they have anything but the established classes.

But for feats - why not, as long as we have a direct in-comic confirmation that he really doesn't have such a feat? I.e. if a character provoked an attack of opportunity that would've been prevented by a certain feat?

That is, if there is a particular strip that dictates a certain missing item or feat - it might be useful to mention it, too.

For example, since no one in the party was paralyzed during an encounter with 5+ mummies (that's 25 DC 16 rolls for all the five characters, at least one guaranteed failed roll even if they all have ridiculously high will saves, which they don't), it indicates that they have some kind of protection from such paralyzis - and that rises a question of why was Belkar affected by a Hold Person.
    Last edited by SinsI; 2013-02-17 at 08:24 AM.