Quote Originally Posted by kestrel404 View Post
Given the focus of this class, I'd go with Wizard BAB rather than full, and d6 HP. Also, 2+int skills is more than sufficient given the power of the class abilities and the complete lack of mention of skills in the rest of the class.
I may cut the HD and I have now cut the skills to 4+Int. I am not cutting the BAB, mainly as that locks the class to Stargazer and Empath - due to them being the only ones who get the Sharpshooter Component.

Rather than this (which is confusing), I'd state that they gain one costume element at level 5, and another at level 10, and otherwise doesn't stack. This gives what amounts to Champion costume progression without needing to get into table-compatibility issues.
The thing is, it's not meant to be Champion progression. This is meant to give Stargazer a fighting chance in the costume department - as costume was a rather big thing for these MGs - but not elevate them to the point of Champion.

This is what the Paladin code should have been. It would have prevented all of those 'and suddenly you fall' moments that bad GMs bring about, because the player could say "well, you never mentioned that this went against my code and it clearly says you have to in my class".
Definitely agree with you there. But at least we have this fixed in this case.

OK, this is pretty broken, right there. A constant 20% concealment (without limiters like, 'while in bright light' or similar) effectively renders them immune to most forms of Precision damage (not criticals, though). Was that intended? I suggest adding a limiter on the concealment - some condition it needs to be happen, or else something that stops it. I'd also note that it's bypassed by Blindsight and similar (tremor sense, possibly true seeing) - it's unclear here what the intention is.
Second, Regeneration renders all damage except what bypasses your regeneration to be non-lethal. Did you mean fast healing?
The concealment has been fixed in that it only grants the miss chance inherent (I am not making it miss chance because that is so easy to bypass that it might as well not be there if I do). As to Regeneration, yes, I know. That's kinda the point. Once you hit a certain level with this, you just don't take lethal damage. Fast healing would work, but wouldn't be correct.

Level one ability is unclear - can you create illuminations based on this modifed evoker level? Do you gain extra motes? Given how powerful the rest of the class is, I think it's quite reasonable to say no on both of these.
This has been - hopefully - clarified. In case it has not been.

You prepare Illuminations with your full modified Evoker Level. However if you lose your device, you're basically screwed. As all your Illuminations will be full EL Illuminations and - therefore - you won't be able to evoke them.

The level four ability is mildly broken. Add 'while wearing her costume', and make it exclusive to her (instead of a 10' radius sphere) and it becomes (somewhat) more reasonable.
I've made it reliant on being in costume. Beyond that, I am rather hesitant to change further.

For the seventh level ability, be more clear on what defines a 'double strength' circle of protection. I assume it applies to the +2 boni you get becoming +4 boni, yes?
You assume correctly. In all honesty, I really don't see why I need to clarify this, but if you insist I will.

State that it doesn't stack with divine grace. Otherwise fine (though on an all-good-saves PrC, this is more potent than you might think).
Done.

'mien'?
I don't like that this allows you to ignore morale penalties. Demoralizing the magical girls (and getting it to stick) is a classic villian technique. Maybe break this out into a seperate ability, possibly based off of a standard-action, limited duration, power-of-friendship check?
The thing is, MGs being able to just shrug off that demoralisation is a very big thing too. They wait, and they listen, and then look and just go "No". At which point awesome smackdown generally ensues.

For a 'mostly fluff' ability, this is pretty darn powerful. Picking up outsider cohorts via social-combat? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that outside of the 'broken things this diplomancer build can do' explanations on TO boards. I'd cut the 'good-metamorphosis' part entirely and replace with the previously mentioned 'morale-speech-of-friendship' ability.
I think you've missed the part here that you have to already be applicable to have a cohort to get that bit. This is not free Leadership. To specify:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire
If the Child of Light has access to cohorts, the Outsider may be chosen as one of their cohorts if they have no more than (HD-2) hit dice.
Bolded for emphasis.

Replace 'raise dead' with Psionic revivify - you get most of the same benefits, but the effect is a lot more reasonable for 1/day with no costs.
Ehhhhhhh, no. Revivify has way too short a period in which it can be used. I may play with the time - make it rounds equal to class level after the end of the encounter - but I'm not making this ability one that becomes useless if you can't get to a person within a round.

I'd specify that you may not use this ability while you have any negative levels. Other than that, fairly reasonable if very potent.
Added in with a slight modification.

Full BAB, all good saves, cleric-HP, ranger-skills, stat-of-choice to both Saves and AC and Full Evoker progression (while using your weapon of choice, no penalties on that one). That right there would be sufficient for any of the ToR base classes to want in, at the cost of a single feat.
Some of this has been changed. Please seem my reasons otherwise. And also look at my other PrCs

Add in constant concealment, regeneration, permanent spell effects (all rounds/level spells, I note), a 1/day free raise dead and a 1/day miracle (with the XP cost eliminated), and a capstone that gives you all the best stuff (that you don't already have) from an LA +2 template.
Concealment is no longer as broken as it inadvertently was. The only one of the perma spell likes - that isn't perma any more - that is round/level is Lesser Globe. Circle against Evil is 10 min/level. And considering you pay ten levels for that template - and I don't give the stat bonuses, spells, holy touch, fast healing equal to HD and a few other things I can't remember offhand - I don't see it as really that bad.