View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

And in five minutes all the self-confidence I've been building up within the past few weeks has been undermined. Yay.

Since I don't have a driver's license, I needed a lift from my mother to get home from the library after a meeting I had there this afternoon. I called her, and in the intervening ten minutes she apparently had arrived and left, texting and calling me three times. I didn't feel my phone go off. When I finally got one of her calls, she laid into me about how irresponsible and demanding I was of her time, treating her like a slave, how she had the evening all planned out and because I hadn't bothered to pick up the phone she now had to double back, she was gonna be late for her appointment, and because of that we weren't going to have pizza and it was all my fault.

Then when I actually got in the car, she yelled at me some more about how I should get a REAL job (other than the two I currently have), and get a driver's license, how it'd be SO much easier if I moved to the Twin Cities, where they have a public transportation system I could use to get to work, and live in an apartment below the poverty line, with cockroaches and rats and drug dealers next door, and be the only white person in the area, and get accosted on the bus. Or maybe she and dad should admit they wasted the thousands of dollars they spent on my education, that they screwed up as parents and put me in a group home, so there's a van to transport me where I need to go, and I can go to Special Olympics on Saturdays and play basketball on Mondays, and go grocery shopping with some of her other former students and have a little party.

She said this in possibly the most condescending tone she could muster, while patting me on the cheek like a child for added emphasis. This is an occupational therapist who shows nothing but pride in her students' accomplishments, talking about them like they're failures, and that I'm no better than they are.

Then she said that she hoped for once, just once, to have a NORMAL evening, but NOOOOOOOOO.

My own mother, who said just last week she was proud of the hard work I did, said this to me less than 15 minutes ago. I wanna cry.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2013-02-19 at 07:59 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."