Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
A thought occurs. You often speak about your (oftimes turbulent) relationship with your mother - do you ever chat with your dad about the problems you have and see if he can offer some different advice?
We talk about her often. His advice is that when she's on the warpath like that is to just let her vent and to not argue, and then wait for her to calm down. She does this kind of stuff a lot more often with him than with me. And he does say I made a mistake here in keeping her waiting, because she has absolutely NO patience. If she says she's on her way, you better be standing right out front when she gets there or she'll get frustrated. But he agrees that most of what she said was out of line.

As for why I don't have a license, I went to college out of state and in a city with excellent public transportation, so at the moment it was not a big issue, especially since there wasn't a vehicle for me to use with a license. And after I got home, other priorities like finding work got in the way, as well as our infamous Minnesota winters, like the one we're in now. I've also attempted the test twice since graduating from college, failing both times.