1. - Top - End - #1208
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Kubo's ToC comment for this issue:

"Ooishi-sensei ni hisashiburi ni attara omiyage desu to dorakuefu wo watasareta. Nandeda..."

(Honestly, I did have some trouble putting this one all together)
    Ooishi-sensei ni hisashiburi ni atta = 'Having seen Ooishi-sensei after a while'
    Attara = turns it into a conditional, like 'if meeting Oishi-sensei after a while' or 'when I met Oishi-sensei (after a while)'
    Omiyage desu to dorakuefu wo watasareta. 'desu to' is either a conditional or a quotation. Possibly, dorakuefu are handed over as a gift. Watasareta is past causative form of watasu, to hand over. So the subject was made to, or allowed to, hand over dorakuefu... as a gift, I guess?
    Nandeda = just means 'what for' or 'why'.

So, when Kubo met with Ooishi-sensei (after a long time since the previous encounter), as a gift... Ooishi handed Dorakuefu to Kubo? Kubo's kind of puzzled.

Ok, explanation/speculation time:
    I assume that Ooishi-sensei here is Ooishi Naho, who is the mangaka of the SD Dragonball spin-off in Saikyou Jump. She is also credited as artist for some Dragon Quest spin-off manga.
    Dorakuefu looks to be Dragon Quest figures.
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2013-02-20 at 03:37 PM.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show