Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
I think it is a compliment, actually.

Spoiler
Show
The implication I'm getting is that whereas most shinigami have to be deemed worthy by the swords to even get out of the gate, Ichigo has managed to go it alone this whole time. On the one hand, it is a pretty big slam at the fact that he sucks at the fundamentals, but on the other hand he's also pointing out that it's like Ichigo's been fighting with his eyes shut and one hand tied behind his back this whole time.

So imagine how much more formidable he'd be if he wasn't crippling himself? I think those are the repercussions being talked about.
Spoiler
Show
On the other hand, one might really that is not good to him I guess. It's like he jumped from a a child to an adult with absolutely no time to mature himself. Maybe the process of imprinting the Asauchi to turn it into your own personal Zampakutou is what makes a shinigami?

It sort of reminds me of Hajime no Ippo? (Spoilers by the way) Takamura was fighting Hawk but in the Hawk lost cause he didn't had the mental strength to keep taking the pain.

Well, we gotta learn first what the hell is this "basis" thing that both Ichigo and Renji were getting completely wrong...