Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
You have still not provided evidence of either statement. Where exactly can you find definitive evidence that says Malack is Evil? Where can you find evidence that we are deluding ourselves?
I don't need to approach this with all of the assiduity of a scientific study. Good and evil are clearly defined within the context of this comic. Characters delude themselves from time-to-time, and their motives may be pure, but their actions have always defined them.

Redcloak is evil because, despite wanting to improve the lives of goblins, he goes about it by murdering innocents to further his plans.

Belkar is evil because, despite doing much good in the course of adventuring with the order, when left to his own devices he kills indiscriminately.

Malack is evil because he's the head Cleric of an evil empire, has partnered with a vicious, bloodthirsty dictator for 35 years, and has now demonstrated the propensity to kill out of loyalty to said dictator.

Also there's the whole part where he's converting a living creature into an undead monstrosity, presumably against its will. That kinda defines an evil act as far as I know.

My second hypothesis is proven by taking everything I just said and looking at how so many of you are ignoring it because you don't want to believe you'd root for a bad guy.