Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
I'm sorry if I missed it, but just for the sake of completeness, have we gotten confirmation that Malack is a vampire? We've had other examples in-comic of undead creatures that can convert others into creatures of their own type by biting them--creatures that aren't vulnerable to sunlight, like Malack isn't.
Yes, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
OK, trying not to comment too much on stuff that will be explained in future comics but:

You guys are overthinking the black speech bubble thing. Remember that the speech bubbles are an artifact of the comic strip process, which means they are subservient to the story. Obviously, it was narratively important to hide that Malack was undead, so therefore I decided he only speaks in black speech bubbles when he "vamps out." After all, vampires in fiction have a long history of having traits that only pop out when they feed: their fangs elongate, their eyes turn read, maybe their face gets all demony-looking if you want to go the Buffy the Vampire Slayer route. Changing voice is not outside of that realm.

Also, I already pointed out that Tarquin was able to change his speech balloons just by adopting a different way of speaking. It's not my fault no one extrapolated that to mean that characters—like the one floating next to him—can disguise/change the visual appearance of their balloons.

As far as other questions, you'll have to wait and see.