So Viz has started including translation of mangaka ToC comments.

Their version of Kubo's is:
"Ran into fellow manga artist Oishi and he gave me Dragon Quest VII as a gift. Why...?"

Hmm, looking back at the ToC page again, I could see that what I thought was 'fu' in a weird font can be 7. Probably the 3DS remake of 7. Does Kubo have a 3DS?
Also, since the pronoun is he, guess it wasn't Ooishi Naho then. Maybe Ooishi Kouji then.

On to the chapter itself... just a really minor quibble this week.

Page 7, middle left panel:
Viz: You have allies who rival you
Panda: ...friends to argue with...
Original: Taitou ni watariaeru nakama mo

Watariaeru means to argue, which is how Panda got that. Taitou ni makes it such that they're on equal ground. So I think that rival gives the better idea; especially since I don't think of Kenpachi being buddies with Byakuya/Ichigo/Renji.

-----

So wait, Unohana's the first Kenpachi.
She has not handed over the title of Kenpachi until this chapter. So there hasn't been any Kenpachi in between Unohana and Saiyan Kenpachi.
Where or how does this whole 'in any era, there is only one Kenpachi; it is law as well as unavoidable fate' thing come from? How does Unohana know this?

Why's new-official-Kenpachi's zanpakutoh speaking to him now? Wasn't the original basis for the zanpakutoh not being heard the fact that Kenpachi's been ignoring it all this time? And now it speaks up after a battle where the lesson is 'I LOVE FIGHTING' and has absolutely nothing to do with 'Zanpakutoh have souls and deserve respect too!'?

As for Ichigo getting kicked back to the human world... well, on the plus side, it would be nice for human characters to get some screentime again.
Although, I'm wondering about how Soul Society, outside of Squad Zero, never really commented much on the specialness of Ichigo being Not-a-real-Shinigami the way this guy has. It's coming off as the 13 court companies not caring, or not knowing, about this.