Quote Originally Posted by SowZ View Post
Well, we can maybe infer that he has at least a +6 Spellcraft, likely higher. And it is a trained only skill, so he would have some ranks in it. Unless the Giant rules that a character can sometimes identify spells he has seen in action and taken note of, regardless of skill ranks. I'm sure, for example, that most people in the Order could identify Explosive Runes without Spellcraft ranks.
It strikes me that the Giant is very consistent in which people can identify spells and which cannot. For instance, in the Order, Roy and Haley appear to be capable of identifying them, whereas Belkar and Elan can't. Gannji does, but Enor doesn't either. Perhaps we can infer something from that.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
And it looks like Durkon has perfected Mass Death Ward.
Added now.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tentacle View Post
Just wondering, doesn't Xykon have a ring that protects him from positive energy like in SoD?
Oceanic, you should probably add this one :)

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Ah, yeah. So it must be precisely 9, instead of <=9...
That's a clear RAW explanation of what happens, then. I don't think that "but The Giant might not use some rule" is a strong argument; the whole point of this thread is to assume that he does follow the rules and see what they might be. You could counter pretty much everything in this thread with the argument "or The Giant might not use that rule", but I really don't see the point in that.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
Also we can confirm that Belkar's minimum pre-drain constitution was 2, as a Vampire's Blood Drain deals 1d4 Con drain.
But doesn't every adventurer have a minimum constitution of 3 anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
In a recent Strip, Durkon Holy Worded the Linear Guild. Z'zdriti was deafened but not blinded (as Tarquin could Drow Sign Language him). Therefore Z= Level 16. In Strip 795, Varsuuvius says that Z'zdriti is of equal level to him. Therefore, Z and V are both Level 16.
Good catch. The whole business of nemeses aside, in 795 Vaarsuvius outright states that Z is the same level. And Z should be 16, not 13-16, because 860 doesn't tell us whether he's blinded or not, but 862 does.