Quote Originally Posted by Reltzik View Post
* Okay, it's funny, so my gnome cavalier can use his prestidigitation spell-like daily to change a fellow PC's hair to shocking, neon electric blue.
** Huh, said player isn't even asking for a save, and is acting like his PC doesn't realize his hair has changed color.
*** Okay, further in-party instances are allowable. It's established and it's funny.
**** .... all right, fine, making the wizard's robes taste like skunk so that the monster will stop gnawing on him IS technically within prestidigitation's described effects...
***** Hey, the DM put a lot of thought into this encounter with a room full of squirrels, one of which is a wild-shaped druid using the others for cover. I am NOT allowed to ready a prestidigitation to turn her hair neon electric blue when she next casts a spell.
****** Because racial cantrip abilities shouldn't be able to neutralize the entire BBEG's encounter, that's why!
******* EVEN if it's no-save, not-noticed properties are well established in this campaign.
******** AND if its use for combat advantage also has precedent.
********* I'm not even a caster class dammit!

...... this is an object lesson for SOMEONE. I just can't figure out for whom.
note to self: ask the dm if a permanent prestidigitation can explain my halfling's neon pink mohawk