1. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Return of the Scarlet Empress II - Nothing on My Back...

Eris frowns. "Pity. I was hoping you could take her down. Let's run, then; I'd rather get Firada to at least comparative safety before a couple of akuma show up to help Typhon along."

"But one other request, to all of you, while we're alone - Firada is an Immaculate monk. Shadow says the Bronze, the Sidereals who sponsor the Realm and the Order, may not yet know about our relationship, or that she didn't kill me when she had the chance. If so, I'd... prefer that state of affairs to continue, for her sake, although I realize it may be impossible. Still, in the interests of not making it completely trivial for them, I'd appreciate it if you'd avoid the term "sister" - or my original name, Zhou, Shadow - in front of Isa. Or Stormwrack, or anyone in Yu-Shan, for that matter."

The Eclipse nods to Skandi. "I'd hoped to chat with one of your musical friends before leaving Nexus, but no matter. I'm glad to hear he's alive. Maybe he'll figure out for himself what I wanted to tell him, maybe not." She's smiling faintly as she turns to run the distance remaining to the docks.

She's planning to bring them out a little way along from the named pier; there are some warehouses for cover there. The most efficient way to ambush them would be to wait at the ship itself, although from Typhon's perspective, that would have the disadvantage of Emerald likely getting involved on their side.

Then again, he might not be chasing them at all; he's only one Exalt, and a diplomat more than a warrior, from what she knows of him. Which begs the question of exactly what he has been doing for the last hour or so...
    Last edited by Ifni; 2013-02-28 at 02:11 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.