Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
When I made the reference, I was more considering post-apocalyptic science fiction like Soylent Green—people killed in mass numbers to serve as food (which would literally be the case here, since Malack feeds on humans). If I was referencing any aspect of real life at all, it was factory farming, where humans have special chambers built to slaughter millions of cows and pigs each year all in the name of efficiency. I'm a vegetarian.
And now I'm here thinking that Malack's plan is less a religious fanaticism issue, and more a ploy to feed himself and his kin.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Dandelion View Post
(Also, wow, that's really cool of you that you're a volunteer for something like that. That must be tough at times. No wonder it got to you personally. But thanks for doing it.)
Thanks, through I'm not a therapist, so I didn't help in direct support, but in more periphelical issues (like looking for shelter homes, raising funds, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
I have to admit, this was my exact thought (and strong enough that I shifted from long-term lurking to registering to make it...).
My pleasure to help you become an active member of the community.