1. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery IX: the thread levels up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    On the other hand I can't think of any examples of an "always evil" creature which hasn't been pretty evil. On the other other hand I suspect we'll see an exception to that before the Comic is over.
    There aren't that many "always evil" creatures that aren't devils/demons/etc, and Rich is on record having stated that those are indeed always evil, because they are not so much independent beings as much as embodiment of their respective planes. That leaves the undead, which (since they are animated with evil energy) are fighting a stacked deck to be not-evil. I was hoping that Malack would be shown to be Neutral, actually (it could have been done, with an appropriate back story), but of course the latest comic has put that to rest.

There is also RC's words on the undead, although RC has been known to be in severe denial, so I don't take his words on the topic too authoritatively.

Edit: I had no idea that Enor, whatever he was, was "always evil"

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-03-01 at 09:59 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est