Alons had never heard such a thing as a nexus. He could say that there was little any common man could do against such a foe other than die and give the druids more time. He would to decide if he would go as well, but not now.

"You seem to understand your situation. This city will fall, you will die, sacrificed to the Elves' fire." He took a look around, his eyes settling on Amelia, and he offered a warm smile. "My Lady, as your protector I suggest we take flight from this place while we still can. Make our stand somewhere else. Surely there are better cities than this. If not, at least we will get to enjoy life, even if only for a bit longer."

His smile grew as he turned to the city's leaders. "Unfortunately, my Lady will deny me, she is of the stubborn, noble kind, and all the more beautiful for it." He leaned towards them. "We cannot make Amaranth what it is not, it will never be a properly defended city until it is torn down, and rebuilt. However, there are ways to make the enemy pay for every foot of land they cross, ways to make their victory costly. It will buy the rest of this kingdom time, and we may end this war by killing enough of them before they slaughter us."