1. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: MitD VI: The Undiscovered Creature (Please Read the First Post)

So, I was looking earlier in the thread about the possibility of the MitD being a non-god divine creature, and I decided to google around for neutral divine creatures. What do you all think of the Asura? http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Asura_%283.5e_Creature%29

Pros:
    -CR 27
    -Its description: "These titanic creatures possess six muscular arms and a large head with three faces whose expressions are perpetually different. Fierce creatures from the realms of forlorn luster, vengeance and fury, the Asura are seen as vengeful gods by many. Their six arms wield six different weapons that angrily rend asunder misbegotten souls.

Asura are heavily muscled and covered in a grotesquely stitched together set of banded mail" So it's strange-looking and ugly enough to fit the circus scene.
    -No teleport abilities, but under its typically prepared spells it does have plane shift, ethereal jaunt, and gate, so it fits the escape scene as well as the protean.
    - Divine attributes, but I don't see it as being immune to mind-affecting effects anywhere.
    - Cleric spells, but no create undead abilities that I can see.
    - It also has access to earthquake.
    -Regeneration and lots of DR.

Cons:

-Really, really big. "They stand up to 24 feet tall and weigh in at 20,000 pounds." I mean, it does say "up to," but having one that can fit in the box seems like a bit of a stretch.
    -Wisdom-based casting seems weird for the MitD
    -While the three faces are all on different sides, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to only ever see one set at once.
    -Tongues ability, so not surprising to see one speaking Common.

I don't think it'd the MitD, but it might be worth looking for more creatures like this.

*EDIT* Ah, this seems to be a homebrew version. Not sure when it was created, but that may be a strike against it, too.
    Last edited by DaggerPen; 2013-03-07 at 08:50 AM.