Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
"Yeah... it's like, it's not organised," said Stephanie. "It's like I'm not sure what the world is trying to be, but I can see it's not trying to be happy. I don't know, I don't know how to say this. Like everything is going in a different direction and none of them are right?"
"What exactly do think the world is, some kind of giant machine? Do you think it could honestly manage to drag itself in any sort of unified direction at all?"

Kalina jerks upright in her seat again. Her eyes flash in the dark.

"Happiness is special. It's so special it's worth suffering for. And you, little miss potential, are so full of chances to spread it around that it's a wonder little flowers don't spring up where you walk. But not even you get to throw around clever quips and expect things to just magically improve. You have to work, you have to..." She lets out a deep, shuddering breath and claws at her face. Fighting for composure, "when you're interrogating someone, you can't just make fun of them and then they'll spill all of their secrets to you. You have to think, appeal to them, ask a f-- ask a question! But you..."

The rest of her energy deserts her. She slumps forward again, burying her face in her hands.

"You just stood there and watched."