1. - Top - End - #140
    Banned

Default Re: [Changeling] A Gathering of Mists IC II: Some things just need doing

Charlotte watches, listens. This is all so much above and beyond her, these names and places and, and, rules. Not rules that are self apparent or rules that arise from the situation, but thing Marchande calls back from the past, amazing an army of apectres to stand witness to her character.

It is an amazing thing to see, this friend of hers who shines so bright herself as to challenge a furnace for it's glow.

And then the end, the words she speaks, those make sense. Charlotte does not know the answer, not really. It is not about which rules are spoken, it is which rules she accepts. That is the power of the counter offer, non? To say for yourself what the rules are, and accept them, and see if the other does too?

Marchande's stilling hand becomes instea the post by which she rises, as Charlotte pulls and presses just above the elbow's juncture, rising. Shaking. "Justice of a sword is to stick your hand in the wolf's mouth, miss, while they bind it. Justice is all mete with what they earn, not... Math. If both are unjust, both must be punished, and that does not diminish the justness of it."

Still she stands behind, sheltered a little from the blaze in the dark by Marchande's silhouette. "I accept that Rose who woul cut unjustly does so for just reasons. I would accept that my flesh and form would be—" a gesture to the burnt blood with rent hands and smoking, crisped bowls of tears, "—I have accepted such sacrifice, Marchande, and I would again if you would allow. You have done more than enough and more again, and I cannot ask of you to do this for me."
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2013-03-12 at 02:58 PM.