Vaarsuvius
VS
Soon Kim

Ok, a really tough choice here; I don't want to see either of these two characters fall. The Ghost Martyrs strip is probably my favourite moment in the story so far, and Soon appears to be an honourable and heroic character. But V's story in this arc andthe last book has been great, and she is good for a lot of laughs too. The wizard gets it on a points decision, mostly for the "can we please resume saving the world" line.

Therkla
VS
O-Chul
Another tough one. O-Chul is a great character, but maybe a bit too relentlessly wise and tough and awesome. I have a lot of time for Therkla, who was something of a tragic anti-heroine even at her most teeny emo moments. So I'd call this a tie. But as I don't like to abstain, so I'm going to chuck a sympathy vote Therkla's way; I think O-Chul will probably walk this one, and she deserves better than to be white-washed.

Eugene Greenhilt
VS
Samantha's Dad
No contest really; Eugene is a bit of a heel, but he is more memorable and important than the bandit chief.

Death Knight
VS
Evisceratus
I've not re-read this arc, so can't remember who Evisceratus is. Death Knight wins by default.