1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: MitD VI: The Undiscovered Creature (Please Read the First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Thanks, DaggerPen. Much appreciated. I too have recently dared brave other threads, and after some not-too-fun back-and-forths, I think I will once again retreat to this one (and the Girl Genius one).
    Probably a wise decision.

Can't answer your actual question, since I don't have the required encyclopedic knowledge of the 3.5 spell system, but I want to point out again, for the record, that it is already a stretch to assume MitD cause the first downpour (although that one could easily be explained by Control Weather).

It is even a larger stretch to posit that MitD caused the second downpour. The cutaway shows the downpour already in process, and a quite happily sleeping O-Chul, unlike the first time when it is suggested that MitD causes the rain because O-Chul is starting to feel sleepy. Add to that the distance and uncertain location (even if the cloister wasn't in the way), and I doubt anything short of Wish can actually explain it, unless we also add a number of supporting spells to extend range of casting and determine location.

Grey Wolf
    It does seem like a stretch that he caused the second downpour; it'd be nice to be able to rule it out as a viable clue, though, since we're discussing it regardless.

I mean, really, we spent 3 pages discussing medieval woodworking. Taking a moment to figure out if it's at all possible isn't unreasonable. XD
    Last edited by DaggerPen; 2013-03-13 at 09:05 PM.