'Well, at least now we know what the mechanism was for'.

Should we really be investigating this? It seems like someone sought to keep something secret, but it may have nothing at all to do with the Covenant. Exploring even a natural cave system is likely to be dangerous. An artificial one even more so - particularly if the builder placed any traps.

There were fresh supplies in the cave, but that may have nothing to do with the hidden door. This could be ancient - and therefore all the more perilous and irrelevant.

On the other hand, what if it does have something to do with the Covenant? We are spies after all, and this is right near the front line. I suppose we should determine if it could pose a threat.

It probably wouldn't hurt to make a preliminary assessment at least - a few minutes should give us a better idea of the possibilities.

'Ahem'. Raif clears his throat.

'I feel that this may bear some investigation. I think it might be worth spending a little time on...however, I suspect that it may well turn out to be irrelevant to our mission. Therefore, I suggest that unless we find something to indicate otherwise in the next hour, we should leave this alone and return to our mission'.

Raif moves closer to the new opening in the cave, but does not cross it yet.

'I also want to find a way of making absolutely sure this doesn't close on us'.