1. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

YAY! I decided to check back real quick to see if Bob had decided to reanimate this. Now I can discuss it again!

As to the question Tur asked, be specific. As the three creators of the class, we collectively have about 0 knowledge of PF, and so you must tell us what would need to be changed so we may make one.

Things I have encountered in my game with the TK (which btw is now level 19, so epic is near and the Epic PrC I spoke of earlier may soon come to exisit):

I am playing Pure TK so I cannot comment on TK Fighting as of yet...

Mental Strength: It came up that lifting objects is not always straightforward and needs an opposed strength roll sometimes. Like when a door is being held down by a weighted mechanism. The quick fix we used was to take the effective str score that would be capable of lifting the object as a heavy load and use that modifier. I personally don't like that method as it is clumsy and that table is not user friendly. So I need suggestions on how we can fix that.

Trapfinding+minesweeper=a very successful diffuser of traps.

I do not frequently use Force Blast as my party lives in permanent paranoia thus my Mind's Eye needs to always be on lol. However, the times when I have used it the power felt ok, maybe slightly low but that's not a terrible thing, for large groups and mediocre at best for single targets.

The flinging has been sadly underused by me, so no playtesting there.

Same for the Far Tricks.

TK Flight+ TK fly feat has saved us so many times and proven itself as a major boon to the party.

Shields are awesome.

Ghostly Hands has actually just helped us get the upper hand on a wizard hiding in the ethereal realm.

Lockdown is very useful, although shields are still best for stopping ranged attacks which is for the best anyway.

Haven't really used Disrupting throw that much because to use it means to use up your focus which means Mind's eye goes down.

You know, while writing this it has occurred to me that because Mind's Eye requires Psionic Focus, and nothing else expends it. Am I wrong or at one point did we say that Force Burst/Fling expended it? Because looking back at it, it isn't said anywhere. Either way, I have been playing with it as requiring it, and it sucks. I never use FB just because I don't want to drop ME. And I can't see anyone who would want to really. So I say it shouldn't even require Focus, as the class doesn't really use that mechanic anyway. Thoughts?

And I haven't really gotten to play with Singularity yet. Only got it a few sessions ago and haven't had enemies to fight.

Yay happy discussions can happen again! Also, Bob, you should update the first post...

Thoughts Vek or Bob?

EDIT: Went back through a few pages to respark what we were discussing. We had mentioned a feat to shape lockdown, but never finished it. Let's do that.
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2013-03-15 at 08:15 PM.