View Single Post

Thread: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

1. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I think swarm hosts might do a solid job of blocking a bioball depending on numbers. Its pretty much throwing up a wall of expendable and relatively quickly replacing pawn blockers to at least give you time to mass your forces together to counter. But I honestly dont know how fast a bio ball will tear through them so take that with a grain of salt. Maybe I missed something, but I dont recall much in the way of new anti air defenses so like you said, a skytoss would probably have a similar level of efficiency against the zerg.
    Well, my ghost idea also counters the swarmhosts. All you have to do is start dropping a nuke, wait for the swarm hosts to unburrow, then cancel it and charge forward. Or, drops glory in the zergs bases.

Really, I dislike the way swarm hosts are used currently in the masses they are. I think they would be better if zergs produced fewer of them and use them to lock down or delay 1 route from counterattacks while you do your main business with the rest of your army. Sorta why I hated the Broodlord infestor meta, it ruined the point of the high manuverability of the zerg. I can't believe it took the other races so long to counter a zerg with an immobile army is to play 'zerg' style at them yourself.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2013-03-16 at 02:12 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28