View Single Post

Thread: New alignment system (D&D any, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New alignment system (D&D any, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    So, let me see if I've got this right. You're using the existence of variant classes and even hypothetical additional homebrew to straight-facedly say "this joke, which was not fully fleshed out to ban alignment-based classes and variants, is clearly way too easy to break"?

Also. The Corrupt Avenger's class feature that explicitly doesn't stack is given a different name; if it was named Divine Grace it wouldn't stack by default, because bonuses from the same source don't stack. (Long off-topic rant about Ninja and Monk and so on can go here, if you like.)

Finally, +yes to saves, while horribly cheesy, is only one side of a well-rounded character, and definitely not the most important.

Unearthed Arcana says your wrong, and that I put in my previous post.

As for hypothetical homebrew. No. Im talking about dragon magazine. I should have been more clear but I hadn't finished researching their existence. I wasn't going to swear on something I wasn't sure of. Anyways, Dragon 310 contains paladins of the remaining alignments. With no alignment system, they are all fair game. In dragon magazine they have the following variants; Sentinel, Avenger, Enforcer, Incarnate, Anarch. They are all variant paladins and are thus subject to the same rules as all D&D class variants. They however are only legal if you allow Dragon Magazine content in your games.

Edit: oh, and in Dragon 312 we have the Despot, Corrupter and Anti-paladin.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2013-03-17 at 06:50 PM.
    Extended Signature

Guide to becoming a demon in Pathfinder

Special thanks to Gurgleflep for creating my Avatar