1. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I haven't reached a second skill/perk with any of my crew yet, so I'd like to ask some questions:

How is the reduction handled if there's insufficient XP in the secondary skill to pay for the loss? Is the current skill lost or is it kept and you have to retrain it to get rid of it (necessitating another loss if not paying with gold)?

What happens if you max out Skill A (eg Mentor), start training Skill B (eg Sixth Sense), then re-train Skill A to Skill B (Mentor to Sixth Sense)? Is the XP totalled for checking the training level of Skill A before getting to repick Skill B, or does the system not permit you to do this?

For interest, if the formula on the wiki is correct, by my calculations your second perk/skill needs to be at 38% to not lose any XP from the first skill/perk.

Incidentally, could someone point me at a refresher course on differentiation? I had to brute force the 'total xp' earned value through Excel as I couldn't remember how to differentiate the XP equation.
    The XP for skill levels are actually totalled up, before being reduced by your training method of your choice. Doing so will also reset any skill you have picked, meaning that you have to reselect them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Everyone says the IS is one of the best heavies for its tier
    lolno.

It is easy to use, has pretty bouncy armour and is quite forgiving in the hands of a unskilled driver. But it has a subpar 175 pen gun and the nerfs to its turret armour hit it quite hard. Best tier 7 heavy (even before the IS nerf) goes to the T29 and its uber turret, mainly because it also sports a good mix of accurate gun and mobility.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-03-18 at 01:58 PM.