Mikael follows Jehoel's movements intently. The explanation is quite interesting. A whole new world has been revealed to him, with its own peculiar quicks and natural laws. Undoubtedly, many nuances of the story are yet lost to him, and will become apparent only later once he's witnessed the phenomena being talked about with his own, two eyes.

The mortal lifts his hand up and absent-mindedly taps his forehead as he ponders what to ask next. There's a lot of possible questions, but he reckons many will answer themselves once he has time to process all this new information.

As Jehoel conjures up another screaming ball of energy, Mikael takes a step back and two away from the elephantine creature. He can't really tell from the stoic "arrancar's" mannerisms what he is going to do next, but from his limited experience figures that these strange globes should be regarded with the same respect as loaded firearms.

"So, that means there are others like me", Mikael concludes. The thought is... reassuring? For years, he thought he was alone. Maybe, with help from this undead creature, he could find more of his kind? It is causing all sorts of repressed feelings and abandoned dreams to surge forth. The tapping of his fingers quickens as he tries to distract himself from his emotions and focus asking the right questions.

"Hmmm. I am grateful you've bothered to spend this much time explaining all of this to me. These "gods of death", they wouldn't happen to wear black clothes? Wait, never mind. There really isn't any other possibility. You don't need to answer that." Tap, tap, tap. The mortal's fingers stop. Momentary silence.

"... there's one thing that doesn't add up. Why have I never seen creatures like you before? Even if only a tiny percentage of, uh, souls survive to the top of this food chain, there should still be... hundreds, if not thousands, of your kind. And a lot more of the lesser kinds of these Hollow creatures. In four years, I have seen several of what I presume to be those "death gods", but I've not witnessed a single Hollow being. You imply you can travel between this world and, uh, ours with little effort, so why haven't you done so?"