View Single Post

Thread: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

1. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

Allow me express where those extreme multiplications came from regarding my "3 to 6 times more damage" comment. I was talking about "Potential Damage", which can obviously represent a series of very unlikely rolls to achieve. . . Never the less, I don't throw numbers out randomly, so allow me to explain.

Let's use a Dragoon who has a Tier 5 wep, and 20 PWR or DEX whatever he is using. On the weapon is Triple Critical, the Dragoon has Follow-Through.

-With a Jump the potential damage is 20 x 5 + 2d6 = Average of 107 damage. None of the factors that we are currently measuring can increase the damage any farther. . . Thus the Potential Damage, stops here.

-With a melee attack the standard damage is also 107. However, with a critical hit the damage would be increased to 336, and allow for another attack. Although a Follow-Through attack cannot proc Limit Breaks, or itself, it can still apply critical damage, equaling another 336. Using stocked Destiny Points to ensure critical hits at vital moments has been a staple amongst my group members. The damage could be increased farther if you were to cross class, and add Spell Burst: (insert damaging spell here if Drill Shot cannot crit). However, we are only measuring things available to a pure Dragoon. So Potentially, with double crits. . . . 672 damage is Possible, which is up to 6 times greater than a Jump made by the same character. And that's all I meant.

My players see Potential Damage, as damage. And they will seek to apply that damage when they need it most. And DP gives them just the tool they need to do so.
    Last edited by Valnnar; 2013-03-20 at 05:07 PM.