View Single Post

Thread: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

1. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's Complete E6 Compendium

Hey, big fan of this compendium. I love the archetypes for E6. I feel like they add the flavor that you would lose from prestige classes not being a large part of E6.

Now Arcane Archer is one of my favorite concepts though I hate the 3.5 class. I thought that it would fit thematically as an archetype for the red mage. This is a rough version and subject to revision and critique but I thought it would look something like this:

Red Mage Archetype

Arcane Archer

Bonus Spells:
    1: Guided Shot, Arrow Mind
    2: Hunter’s Mercy, Hawkeye
    3: Dolorous blow, Weapon of energy
    Capstone SLA: Arrow Storm

Lesser Archetype Power: When you use Combat Panache, you may make a ranged attack with a bow instead of a melee attack. If you have the rapid shot feat you may make two ranged attacks (at a -2 penalty to the attack rolls) and cast a spell as a full-round action. In addition you may use your intelligence modifier for ranged attack rolls instead of your dexterity.
    Moderate Archetype Power: You may conjure an arrow of pure arcane energy as a free action that can be fired from any bow. These arrows have a +1 enhancement bonus. For each arrow you create, you may choose additional weapon abilities. As often as you’d like, you may choose Flaming, Frost, Shock, Corrosive, Screaming, Merciful, Seeking, Distance, Spell Storing, Ghost Touch, or Revealing. At level 6 you may choose two of the previous abilities.
    Greater Archetype Power: You may expend one of your spell slots as a swift action to boost the potency of your ranged weapon attacks for 1 round. You gain an attack bonus equal to the level of the spell you expended and twice the spell level in bonus damage.
    Last edited by Darkweave31; 2013-03-20 at 09:45 PM.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities... Quickly please, before they are out of range."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!!"