Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
[Erin's Emporium, TL2]

"Well," Crissy answers Misha first, "I suppose you could, the same as if you were using compressed air - but it doesn't provide the same power as, like, an explosive does, and it's limited before you would have to get a new tank of water. Also, using normal bullets would totally be contraindicated for crowd control, you only want the wave of water," she explains, before looking back to Riss with an apologetic look.

"I'm...not really, like, totally up on the technical details. There is an immense gravity field, though, but it's contained electomagnetically. I think. The tech is from the 34th century of the dimension it originated in though, so it's so totally super high-tech." And her Valley Girl accent is slipping out once more.
Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
[Erin's Emporium, TL2]

Riss still wasn't completely certain she was comfortable with Misha's almost casual disregard for how things were supposed to work when her element was brought into play but it was certainly overshadowed by the little thrill she had whenever the nereid started thinking out of the box. Riss was certain that there were some laws that still had to be followed but there was a small, nearly childish part of her that was gleeful over the fact that something worked regardless of how.

And that was when she had the idea of a miniature hydroelectric plant to power a system. I'd better save this idea till later but I think we'll be downright dangerous once we start putting our heads together on things.

Still, that said, Crissy's answer was.. Well, she was certain that electromagnetics did not work that way but she wasn't about to point that out. She had said this wasn't her area of expertise after all. "Um.. Well in that case, Could I, maybe, have a moment to examine it?" the muse asked. She had gotten as far as she could with just questions and all that chatter had been a bit tiring although admittedly a bit fun too.

If permitted to handle it, then no sooner than the muse began looking it over would the device quite suddenly fly out of her hands and proceed upwards at an incredible speed; taking with it a nonnegligable portion of the ceiling. Those with the proper visual acuity or otherwise the ability to take note would see that the moon would find itself missing a small mountain off it's surface not too long afterwards. Of course, the real story was that inertia apparently remembered what it was supposed to be doing and the device simply stayed where it was while the planet zoomed away through space but it would take a larger frame of reference to figure that part out.

Still, gentle reminders to the laws of physics aside, Riss would be understandably shocked about this turn of events.
Erin's Emporium - TL2

When the gun leaps from the muse's hands and into the sky, Misha's first reaction is to swing her arm over Riss' head and shed a thin layer of water from the back of her arm, visibly thinning the limb as its mass decreases. The water hangs over their heads, forming a very thin sheet that she concentrates on making as dense as possible. When the debris from the hole in the roof falls, it should be caught in this sheet and stay on the surface of it because of the much increased surface tension.

"The riffle jumped. Is it... is it supposed to jump?" That just completely shocked her out of whatever crazy physics-shenaniganry she was about to attempt, so... that's something?

She rubs her twig-thin wrist as the water net slowly tilts and lets the debris fall off onto a bare patch of floor nearby before folding into a stream and returning to her hand. Expelling all that mass at once was not pleasant, and it left her arm feeling weak and frail.