1. - Top - End - #1333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Doctor Who Thread III: Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Honestly? As far as Doctor Who goes, I don't really ship at all. Amy/Rory is perfect, I truly believe there is at least good romantic chemistry, if not a serious relationship going on between Two and Jamie - and that was based off of one serial, and it's cute so I ship it.
    I do not seriously ship Doctor/anyone, although I can and will admire subtext and suggested UST because it's fun. I'm ambivalent about Doctor/River, and I'll ship Doctor/Master for UST, ho yay and funsies most definitely.
    I like pointing out the chemistry. I like interesting characters. I like flirting.
    I think that's more what I meant when I said 'random shipping'. As in, you're not going to actually go on talking about it, writing fanfiction of it or even mentioning it again after the review in question; but when something happens which could be taken that way, you point it out kind of as a joke.

Also, Doctor/Sexy OTP.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Why do we need them? Referential humour/pop culture while funny, is very topical, and will limit the humour/appeal of the story to newer generations.
    Actually, I'd be kind of amused if we got a non-contemporary companion alongside a contemporary one and then the Doctor might once or twice make references to non-contemporary pop culture and confuse the contemporary companion. It'd be a nice touch. Have the Doctor quote a film from 2316, or some Gilbert & Sullivan, or something.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-03-25 at 07:40 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."