1. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Shadow In The Warp - Dark Heresy [IC]

"You mean this?" asked Al-Subaai. He cast the matchbox-sized device onto the table. "It appears, Mr Urbanus, to be a box. What it contained was rather more interesting... our Mechanicus allies tell me it is some expensive variety of spy-fly."

For a few seconds, Al-Subaai sat glowering silently.

"So here we are," he said, at last. "Phaestus has his prize, and has vanished back to Throne-knows-where. Every single subject who might have been able to tell us something is dead, with the exception of one Malfian harlot, who," he said, "was intercepted attempting to board a long-distance liner on Merov. One of my Interrogators has been questioning her with considerable artistry. Apart from a few petty Cold Trade contacts, she's told us nothing of use."

"You are the only cell who have had direct contact with Phaestus. Twice, you have survived his pets, which if we had foreknowledge of them would have justified an Astartes strike team. And yet wherever you go, you manage to leave nothing but havoc behind."

He reached into the deck and produced an official-looking form. "Sergeant Red. Your request for improved combat gear was received by our quartermasters. I have personally countermanded it." He put the form down on the table. A large winged "I" had been stamped across it, along with the bold letters DENIED.

"You are being given a non-combat assignment. Octavian Rhodes was our best remaining lead. Having seen to it that we will not be able to question him," he said, "you will instead look for the evidence he left behind. Find out what he knew that we didn't."

Rummaging in the desk, Al-Subaai produced a stack of data-slates, and began sorting them.

"Inquisitor Renfield has been investigating the Servants of Twilight for some time, and may be of some assistance. The Miranda is currently refuelling and resupplying. Tomorrow, she will depart for Rhodes' home world of Cantus. You will be on board." He looked up at the gathered Acolytes. "Am I understood?"
    Last edited by LCP; 2013-03-29 at 12:21 AM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X