Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight12 View Post
Why do we continuously bring up real life in terms of gender and sexuality (and race, though that's not the point of this thread) when the story in question is pure fantasy?
Nothing is ever "pure fantasy". Nothing can be. Every "fantasy" is influenced by the real world and thus shows how the author views the real world.

Also, you're missing my point. I pointed out that there are too few women in the Stickverse if you consider that in real life, one out of two people is a woman.

In historical fiction, you can get away with "There are women, you just don't see them because they stay at home", but in a supposedly equal society, you cannot.

Thus, the fact that OotS is a fantasy comic makes the lack of female main characters moreof a problem than it would otherwise be.

I, as a woman, feel underrepresented in OotS, while I assume that gay men do not, as the percentages make it much more likely that a group of six more or less random people doesn't contain a gay man than that it doesn't contain more than one woman.

A fantasyworld where women rule the world and everyone is bisexual is fine, and indeed I would not critisize it with "that's not realistic", exactly because it's fantsy, but "My fantasy world is just heteronormative and patriarchal because it's pure fantasy, you have no right to be offended!" is a lazy excuse.