Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
There HAS been quite a lot of inspiring stuff said here (lookin' at you, Lord Raziere, that Grail Knight Solar idea was brilliant). I suppose I should buy a book or two before judging it? Almost all I know about Exalted HAS come secondhand from other people.
ok 1: that was the first coherent Solar idea I ever came up with? at least, one that actually feels workable…. I have all the books, I just only ever played one incomplete game….a Sidereal one heh….if anything I have you to thank, Solars are the hardest splat for me to think about. mostly cause they are the Golden Blank Space Exalted.

and yea….secondhand knowledge of Exalted….is….not reliable.

however….Exalted is currently going through rough time, people are eagerly anticipating 3rd edition to come out….any month now. people just generally regard 2nd edition as bad except for a few good books….

and well I'm too tired for book recommendations. except for this: don't get scroll of monk. never. ever. EVER. get scroll of the monk. or Lunars. just don't.
save yourself the money. maybe get something like that Prototype video game, much more accurate depiction of Lunars in Prototype.