1. - Top - End - #482
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Gender and Sexuality Representation in OOTS

Lol, not at all! I hated Miko, that is true, but she was a great character. She was not "evil" just because, you got to show how her mind worked, and her circumstances did not help at all, poor thing. And the second she was dead people started to speculate when would she come back. I felt pity for her when redemption was negated to her.

Celia is a different issue. Of course a pacifist character would be hated with a passion by an audience who has a good chunk of players. She is like an NPC who will not shut up when you defend her from monsters! And the "hate" started when she was forced into an adverturing life, which I thought it was sort of the point, and it had nothing to do with her gender (I think).

But look at Therkla. I appreciated the way in which she treated to not betray Kubota nor Elan till the end. She was a genuinely nice character. Look at Lien. I know I cannot be the only one waiting for a bonus comic of "Lien and O'Chul smashing heads". Look at Tsukiko.

And Haley is great. I will defend her and her portrayal with the fury of then thousand suns. Does not mean everyone is going to like her. Some people does not like chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Not like Miko. Nothing ever like Miko. The mere mention of her name would summon a flamestorm for years after her death. People don't like Belkar, but you can have a conversation about him without it devolving into a flurry of quote-hate. The reason we have half of the rules about flaming and moral justification threads on this board are because of Miko threads.
    And is that not great? You created a character who can summon flamestorms years after her death! How is that not a good thing?.
    Last edited by Leirus; 2013-04-09 at 12:47 PM.