Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight12 View Post
To the two or three people making biologically deterministic arguments...
If you'll agree not to argue that biology is irrelevant, by all means. But you can't invoke statement X to support your position and then shunt away refutations to X as being off-topic.
...The rest is most definitely sexism, for most of the same reasons cited above with Celia.
I'm skeptical about this. After the strip where O-Chul chided Haley for failing to take the imminent invasion of AC seriously, he also took significant flack from the audience for daring to question an OOTSer's judgement. I think this has less to do with sexism and more to do with vicarious granfalloonery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Not like Miko. Nothing ever like Miko. The mere mention of her name would summon a flamestorm for years after her death. People don't like Belkar, but you can have a conversation about him without it devolving into a flurry of quote-hate. The reason we have half of the rules about flaming and moral justification threads on this board are because of Miko threads.
Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Then, when I had an opportunity, I decided to give one of my existing minor female characters more spotlight time. When Roy was dead, Celia came in to provide another female voice and prove that Haley wasn't speaking for all women. And the reaction was that she became universally despised and people actively wished for her death.
Well, not universally despised. If they had been, those threads would have been a lot shorter.