Quote Originally Posted by Saidoro View Post
Even if momentum didn't cause it to rotate(and I'm a bit fuzzy on why it doesn't, it's been two years since I took dynamics) the force of air resistance located at the center of the leading face would still cause rotation.
Not it doesn't, because D&D physics is not physics.

When in external gravity you'd angle the engines slightly upwards at all times to counteract it, it's something for the pilot to account for rather than being hardwired in.
This still gives you less control than in my model, then. A combination of the two seems like it would be best, where my model is used to make the vessel normal gravity-neutral and yours is the actual means of propulsion. If you aren't using heuristics, you do need two pilots working in tandem, however.

I read it as the direction of gravity being relative to the reference object, but it doesn't explicitly say which it is.
Kellus said specifically its with regard to the direction of normal gravity at one point in the passed 43 pages.

So you connect a semispace on the ship to one somewhere else? Makes sense.(Also deals with oxygen supply, muscular atrophy and spare parts when you're traveling through space.)
Atrophy is also fixed by having an internal flux that doesn't effect your ships systems.