Thread: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

1. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Champions/ESGE
    Spoiler
    Show

The reasoning you present for attacking Sausage Guilds sounds like that of the Mad Desoui. Seeing enemies at every shadow and killing both political opponents and innocents on a whim. At this point I’m going to assume that some ancient elvish curse afflicts anybody, who tries to rule this city with paranoia and dementia.

I can answer to these accusations with a single quote:

"I am not enemies of the Sausage Guild and the Merchants. They have done good in the city, upheld the law. They've shown me more loyalty than almost anyone in the city. Certainly more loyalty than I deserve. I can only thank them for their hard work, and hope your lies do not damage the integrity of this city further."
    Do you remember saying it James? Right before you left the city, after that RSA business. Quite a change in the attitude in such short time... Are you really James? It’s almost like some shadow doppelganger has replaced the good and fair King, with one that dances to Wardens strings and commits atrocity after atrocity. Does the real King languishes in the Warden's Gatehouse Prison, with an iron mask hiding his face or have they done something to your mind?

I notice how its the Wardens, that offer ESGE Blackgage District, not Champions. Yet another proof that it’s they, who run the city. I might have respected them a little, if they at least ruled directly and not through puppets. I certainly respect you less, Lord Founder, for playing along with this charade of a monarchy. There are so few honest men in the city. Can’t say I am one, and now I know that you aren't either.

I’ve worked with King James, before he allied with Wardens - he was young and inexperienced, but he cared about the people. That King James wouldn’t have left Gregoria to be plundered, let the city starve and be wrecked by foreign ‘’adventurers’’ or attacked people without just cause. These decisions look much more like product of Warden’s calculating minds.

Build your Kingdom on fear, violence and compromises.
    Ally with those you’d use and who’d use you in return.
    It’s the efficient way, the easy way, the one that works.
    A warlord kingdom, without honor, trust and soul of Talidor.
    A hollow giant, propped up by the swords of your soldiers.
    Let’s see how long it will withstand the winds of time.
    Warlords sought to unite Shattered Lands for thousand years.
    How are you different from them?

ESGE [PM-OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’m not certain if it’s something ESGE twisted IC or not, but I haven’t tried to convince you, that Wardens intercepted fealty.

ESBA [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sirs,

As you know I’m currently in conflict with Wardens and as such pay attention to their messages. Thus to my attention came letters, where they offered to give control of Blackgage District to ESGE and ESGE’s reply where they called your organization ‘’defunct’’ and thus they’d be ready to assume control.

Unless your organization plans to dissolve itself and you’ve informed ESGE about it or Wardens negotiated with you for transfer of control of your territories, I'm concerned of what such things may imply for your future, with faction after faction being attacked by Wardens, half of the times with barely an explanation.

SGA/Laurier [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Laurier

First Issue

Lord Laurier. You remember I once did a minor favor for you with [Bread & Circuses Trait]. All I asked at the time, was for protection against my enemies. You have said that only madmen would attack a hospital. Yet I was attacked, though in an indirect manner. The hordes of looters and vagabonds in the Triphage Untima are causing chaos and material damage to people under my protection.

It took my men one afternoon to confirm, that the miscreants were lured to the city with rumors, that it was a free for all, cutthroat paradise, where anybody can get rich by slashing nearest richman's throat. Rumors that originated with Champions, Wren, Wardens and Tregon. Well, Orks of Tragon... Hardly can expect better of them. But others are supposed to be city's rulers and protectors.

I ask you Lord Laurier, can you support me in condemning their vile act? You can see how dangerous a precedent like this is. One you start rumors going, how soon there'll be talk of Merdallan Treasure?

I should also mention, that ESGE is apparently planning to take over Triphage Untima with a horde of their Mages. Last time that number of spellcasters were on the field, Dogma was reduced to rubble.

Second Issue

The Mercantile Guild is finding itself in a position, when it'll be driven out of the Stacks. Would it be possible to come up with an arrangement, by which they may use Lomb Circle as a base of their operations - with appropriate compensation provided to your grace, of course. Their [Merchant Contacts] for example can be quite useful for your business interests.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-04-12 at 02:24 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?