Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
I have a question, how do you measure time say if Natsu was born a dragon and was transformed into a human child for his own safety after all what would regular people think if they saw a dragon walking around?

Do you start from when the egg is laid or after they're born?

I was wondering if he was hidden until hatched and subsequently grew up at normal human rate but has no idea he's really a dragon?

So assuming the egg was hidden and perhaps in stasis for maybe 374 years (assuming he was missing for 7 years and he's 19 otherwise) so that by age 12 when Igneel left he went to join Fairy Tail maybe what Fried detected was how long Natsu has been in the world rather than how old he thinks he is?
Well, MY understanding is that Natsu may APPEAR to be, say, 19, biologically and chronologically, he's been alive for longer then 80 years. Is it because he used to be a dragon and was transformed? Is it because he's a dragon spawn who just appears to age very slowly? Was he kept in stasis for X amount of time? Who knows! I figure we'll learn eventually.

At the end of the day, the fact remains that "Natsu and Gajeel are older then 80 years old".