View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw II

1. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw II

So, in keeping with the latest MLP:FiM topic title, and cephalopony plushies, and Rarity vs Giant Crab, and the talk on the first few pages of other pony societies... and Hasbro's dumb approval for a fat bearded merlion sea-king with a dumb name to be the ruler of seaponies/mermares...

(I got nothing against fat bearded merlions but why is he ruling seaponies and mermares? That's like Iron Will being Prince/King of Equestria.)

I drew "Princess Meridia", who in alicorn fashion is a mix between seaponies and mermares (based on the old MLP bathtub toys). I like line art but I'm not a good Photoshop colorist nor do I want to be one. If y'all judge my 3rd Sibling Princess to be worthy, anyone want to collaborate and color it? Whatever coloring style you want, be it flat Flash or more detailed.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. My headfanon is that she's the 3rd sister princess. It mirrors the Greek gods triumverate of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.
    2. The wing-fins extend all the way down her back in 2 rows. Inspired by lionfish.
    3. The breastplate is inspired by seahorse. Inset with pearl.
    4. Horseshoes use clamshell motif.
    5. Design of ear-fins, ankle fins, and eyes are canon.
    6. Narwhale horn. Narwhales are canon; see picture book.
    7. Cutie mark is a hurricane. Space view.

Edit: Thanqol will be helping me color my Sea Princess.
    Last edited by MLai; 2013-04-14 at 06:43 AM.