As Rodric watched the rider apear at his gate bearing the kings crest he turned to his mother and said "They have finally arrived, guess the king did die. Looks like I will be owing those two bits to Master Amir after all." Looking at his mother he waited for her reply. She sat doing Gabirals portriat on an ivory plauqe, chewing on a strand of here sabel hair as she painted the curls of his brothers hair. Muttering she said "You should not speak like that dear, last thing we need is that spy of the Lancasters over hearing you." Finishing the shading for a tree she continued "In either case I think I shall head of to the starks and offer ourselves to thier command, reswear the oaths as it were." Chuckeling he went to the door and motioned a servent over and whisphered his commands. "There" he said "now we can get down to real matter. Going to Kings landing. Last thing I want to do is swear an off to who ever will try to take that blasted throne, but want can I do..." stopping at a knock on his door Amir, head of the Mercinaries arrived in and laughed as he watch Gabiral squirming on the stool as Lady Maria finished the painting. "Everthing is already done and you will be able to leave on the marrow. Thank the gods you little foxes can hear a few days ahead of that bumbling oaf of a rider." Laughing now as Rodrics brother tackled his knees almost bowling him over. Continueing "In either case your Chamberlain sent a message to the Starks as you requested. Now you scoudral get off my legs and let me see what your mother has done now." With that he picked up Gabiral, squelling as he was tossed over the burly mans shoulder and walked over and began discussing her newest piece.

Behind him rodric heard the whispher of a door closing. Turning to the right he saw his Voice of the fox come in from behind a secert doorway. "It is done, I took the message from the man and sent him on his way. Last thing I need to deal with today is two spys. Fellow wanted to jion you on your trip to kings landing." sighing he contiued as he tapped on his masks nose "tabs more like. His is one of the cousions to one of the lesser houses sworn to the old king. Either way the troops are ready and a second detachment is being ready for the Lady." Smiling Rodric looked over the man. He wore a light gray robe with a hemp rope for a belt. His hands wore gloves made of fine leather and his face bore a mask made of painted wood. Carved in the relief of a red fox the only decerible feature to him was that there wasn't any. "Thank you and to our little friend, without him we would have been stumbling about for days." Turning back to his mother he siad "Well I have to meet with the House of commons today at noon; Gabiral why don't you take mother down to check her horse while I get ready for my trip." Of course brother. Was all ther reply he got from him as he ran laughing from the room with thier mother walking after him.

That morning both Rodric and Lady Maria left with thier Grauds. Rodric took a detachment of the Stormbolt mercinaries (500 veteran) and a quarter of his personal graud with him (100 Elite). Among all this was a small caravan belonging to the head of trade containing things for trade and hiding the Vioce of the fox and his staff (100 common, 6 spies) While his mother took the the troops of the House of Forick (1000 vetern), a minor Lord but close friend of the family, her own personal graud (50 elite), and her personal staff (4 spies).