View Single Post

Thread: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

1. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

The basics of Infernion's plan are pretty clear. Petra considers it momentarily as she tries to gauge the severity of her own bruises.

...they're not so bad. The plan, on the other hand...

"The patrol will most likely attempt to retreat back to their master upon noticing that their comrades are not present, correct? Given that, if our ambush is to be as effective as our efforts thus far, I would think that we should stage it before the entrance is clearly in their sight."

It is at around this time that she notices that the last kobold is still breathing.

"...alternately, there may be a way to circumvent them entirely, if we take the time to ask for one. It is within the local ethos to give one's loyalty to whoever defeats one's previous master, is it not?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I can edit that last sentence if IM says that this insight check would indicate that it unnecessary or weird: (1d20+29)[34]

She's also spending one healing surge; she's regained her composure after the headbonk. There is another lost surge from Gary's unfortunate run-in with the explosions, but that's not really an action or anything.

I guess the half-rest is my answer to, "why not use that last cool encounter power." Petra recovers the two spent healing word castings. (She has one more instance as a daily power on top of those.)
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-04-14 at 11:37 PM.