Quote Originally Posted by Silvernale View Post
Ok lets try this then =D
In the Shannara novel series, they have airships that range from 2-man speeders to 200 man transport warships. They are explained this way: The sails are made of a magi-tech material that absorbs and directs solar energy through filaments called radian draws that go into diapson crystals that store the energy. This energy can be used to make the ships fly via contragravity and are directionally controlled by altering the amount of thrust from one direction or another. The diapson crystals can also be linked to weapons, creating magi-tech flamethrowers, impact cannons and flechette railguns. If a charged diapson crystal gets cracked it goes boom.
Gold inputs, with the bubbles shaped to look like sails I guess, linked to orichalcum to store it, powering either the ascending engines or (since the gravity manipulation via Yggdratecture doesn't drain energy) the movement engines. Railguns are made by ballistic engines, flamethrowers through I'd guess ballistic engines throwing oil with a lighting mechanic, or something else involving filters and phlogiston. I'd need to know what impact cannons are to make them. Breaking orichalcum causes no boom.