Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Oh, no. No. Assimilating your fetch leaves you a changeling, doesn't it? I mean having your fetch assimilate you. The gestalt entity is now complete, and has memories ranging from birth, to current, all mundane. Maybe some changeling memories as hazy dreams. It neatly avoids the "I used to have power" angst.
Call me crazy, but I have a feeling most changelings would actively try to avoid this fate. Absorbing their fetches themselves, on the other hand, would probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
you are a fairie. Being a fairie is awesome. You could be all 'wah wah mortality' or 'boo hoo hoo soul', just like you could be all Grrr I'm obssessing over past trauma! But why, when the alternative is being an awesome fairie?

Boohoo, my grubby dirty mundane childhood was replaced by a terrible, wonderful mind wrenching experience which only serves to prove how bad-ass I am and left me with magic powers, the ability to literally taste beauty and magic powers like dream walking or contractual promises. Oh woah is m—Pffffffffhaaaaaa hahahahahahahaha! I almost said that with a straight face~! Hey, you want some tea? It's made with the essence of Birtish patriotism amongst Indian regulars. It's a kick, especially if you're summer court.
All of this. All of this is why I would never willingly surrender my Wyrd.